The Best Induction Hobs With Integrated Extractor
A hob with integrated extractor, sometimes called a venting hob, is a ceramic, induction or gas hob with a built-in extractor fan in the centre of the hob.
It functions as two appliances in one and is most commonly used on kitchen islands, where other forms of extraction are not possible or desirable.
In this post, I’ve collected some of my favourite induction hobs with integrated extractors that will be sure to give your kitchen island the wow factor.
In a hurry? Check out my top picks below:
Should You Get An Induction Hob With Integrated Extractor?
There are lots of reasons why you might want an induction hob with integrated extractor. They offer a more simplified set-up, as you don’t have to have a cooker hood. This also means a sleeker, and in some cases more stylish, kitchen design. However, there are some challenges and drawbacks to these hobs, too.
Here are a few pros and cons to help inform your choice of hob.
- Simplified design and installation
- Sleek and compact (two appliances in one)
- Has a definite cool factor to it (I try to remain objective, but they are quite cool)
- Freedom to place anywhere in the kitchen
- Limited range available currently
- Takes up some cabinet space underneath
- 4 cooking zones only
- Price (can seem expensive, but take into consideration you are buying two appliances)
If you would like to learn about induction hobs with integrated extractors in more detail (or find out what happens when you spill the contents of your saucepan down the middle of the extractor!), check out my post:
Is A Venting Hob The Best Option For A Kitchen Island?
The Best Induction Hobs with Integrated Extractor
The Caple DD940BK is an excellent option for a modern kitchen. With its effective incorporation of both function and style, it’s a design dream. The illuminated slider-touch switches are a particular highlight.
- Plasma technology. This feature incorporates innovative and effective technology designed to expel odour and catch grease and moisture. The steam, vapour, and smoke from your cooking are put through a plasma filter chemical reaction and carbon filter, with clean air released back into the room.
- Glass cover. A glass cover conceals the extractor zone when you are not using it.
- Simple touch controls. The settings allow you to choose the appropriate level of extraction for your cooking.
- Enhanced safety. An automatic safety shut-off, pause functions, and child safety lock make this a safe, family-friendly choice. There’s also an anti-over heat function to safeguard your food from potentially burning.
- Lots of functions. As a top hob, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to functions for your cooking.
- Frameless black glass with an elegant style finish
- Large cooking area with an easy-to-clean surface
- A+ energy performance.
- Slider touch control
- Enhanced safety features
- Effective odour extraction within your cooking environment
Check out the latest price and availability at:
This AEG hob is a good, middle of the range option for your family. Combining a solid list of features and a reasonable price, it’s one I recommend to customers regularly. While not the sharpest design, it’s a solid option for your family.
- Hob2Hood. This feature automatically adjusts the speed of extraction based on the temperature you’re cooking with for fuss-free fanning.
- Easy cleaning. The extraction grid is easy to remove, so you have quick access to the grease and odour filter.
- Bridge zones. This function allows you to combine two zones in one, giving you more room to cook.
- A+ energy performance
- Hands-free hood control
- Reasonable price
- Not the most powerful extractor
- Read the warranty carefully, as it can be misleading
- The design isn’t to everyone’s taste
Check out the price and availability at:
NEFF is another great, reliable, and budget-friendly brand that I recommend to my customers often. The N70 is middle of the range (NEFF has N50, N70 and N90 options), with quick heating and efficient, effective cooking. Its a sleek, simple design feels at home in any kitchen.
- Speed settings. You have a choice of 9-speed settings for extraction, meaning you’re guaranteed to find the right one for you.
- CombiZone. This feature means you can either opt to use one large combined cooking zone or two cooking zones independently. Combining two zones creates a bigger surface for cooking, perfect for your griddle.
- Touch control. Easy to use controls mean simple cooking.
- Good choice of extraction speeds
- Convenient and simple TouchControl
- Safe, responsive cooking with 4 induction zones
- Accommodation of larger cookware by combining cooking zones
- Slightly smaller cooking zones
- The grease filtering ability isn’t top of the line
Compare the price and availability at:
Coming in at the top of NEFF’s induction hob with integrated extractor range, the N90 is a techy dream. Its TwistPadFire feature is a personal favourite of mine! While it’s a great option, it’s also an investment, so don’t forget to check the price before falling in love.
- TwistPadFire. This feature is how you turn on and use your hob. Instead of a sliding system, a magnetic circular key clicks into place and is used to control the hob. Tilting the key to the zone you’re using and twisting the knob turns on the zone. It’s an easy and intuitive function that provides an added level of safety – removing the key cuts the power (like on a treadmill).
- FlexInduction. Also known as FlexZone, this allows you to place your cookware in any area of the hob. Your cookware, no matter the shape or size, will be heated with pinpoint precision anywhere you decide to place it.
- FryingSensor. Perfect for bluffing your cooking ability! This feature means you can select from five different temperature settings to safeguard against potential food burning.
- 2-year warranty once you register it with its manufacturer
- Flexible and fast heating
- FlexInduction means you can place your pots and pans anywhere you like on the hob
- Nifty TwistPadFire offers simple, safe, and stylish control
- Noisy extraction at high speed
- Pricey (this is top of the range)
The Siemens ED711FQ15E is one of the best induction hobs with integrated extractor on the market. With 4 cooking zones that each have a 17-stage power setting, on top of lots of other features, it’s a great option at a good price.
- Dual Lightslider. This feature lets you quickly and simply pick your cooking zone and temperature.
- FryingSensor Plus. You’ll never burn food again! This feature makes cooking easier than ever.
- PowerMove Plus. This feature makes it easy and intuitive to control the 3 heating zones.
- FlexInduction. A great feature for flexible cooking, this allows you to use various sizes of pots and pans easily, safely and efficiently.
- iQdrive. Efficient, effective, and quiet motor powers your extractor fan.
- Greater cooking flexibility
- Smooth, intuitive controls
- Automatic pan recognition
- High-performance fan
- Many positive reviews
- Slightly older model that could soon be replaced by a higher spec option
Check out the price and availability at:
Style, function, and choice are the name of the game with the Elica NikolaTesla venting hob. A sleek look is combined with a choice of extraction: recirculating or vented. Typically, people choose recirculating hobs, as vented hobs are a headache to install and can require extensive building work. Either option is great, but if easy installation is the name of the game, I’d recommend the recirculating extraction model.
- Airmatic smart technology. With this feature, you’ll never have to adjust the extraction speed. Clever sensors detect how much extraction is needed based on what you are cooking and the fume quality produced.
- Pan Detection. Your cookware is automatically detected when placed in the cooking zone.
- Bridge Zones. Cooking zones can be merged to accommodate larger pots and pans. Perfect for when you have the whole family round and need a bit more capacity.
- Nine power levels and power booster. This allows you to make the most of your 4 zones for quick and efficient cooking.
- Efficient, reusable filters that last for up to five years
- Powerful extraction, quietly done
- A+ energy rating
- Fun design with built-in fan cover
- Some reports of design flaws in the glass fixings
- Can be slow with after-sales service
Compare the price and availability at:
7. BORA Basic Surface Induction Hob With Integrated Extractor
If it’s space, convenience and style that you’re after, then the BORA basic venting hob is the one for you. With a smart design that maximises space for cooking and an attractive circular fan, you’ll enjoy this hob switched off and on. It’s also family-friendly, with easy-to-clean filters and a quiet extraction fan.
- Automatic extractor control. No need to worry about speed. The automatic controls detect how much extraction is needed, so you don’t have to.
- Heat retention. Three heat retention levels allow you to keep food warm without worrying about burning.
- Large cooking surface. The design allows for 4 24cm cooking zones, accommodating 4 large pans at once.
- Style. The BORA basic venting hob is a Good Design Award winner – I’m sure you can see why!
- Easy clean parts
- Quiet fan
- Variable heat retention
- Sleek design
- Ample space for cooking
- You can’t buy this online. It can only be purchased from kitchen showrooms.
There you have it! The best induction hobs with integrated extractor.
If you’re not crazy about the look of cooker hoods but still want extraction in your kitchen, an induction hob with integrated extractor might be the ideal choice for you.
From fun design to easy cleaning, quiet extraction to ample cooking surfaces, the benefits of these hobs are endless. The next question is, which one will you choose?